Applied to DNN version 7.3.2 seamless

Aug 16, 2014 at 4:33 PM
I just want to state I applied TurboDNN090a to the latest DNN 7.3.2 CE.

As instructed before the DNN upgrade I executed the TurboUnSchema730, then after the upgrade (using the upgrade version of DNN) I applied the Base and the Schema script.

DNN version 7.3.2 with its performance upgrade coupled with the TurboDNN090a give me a impressive improvement!
Coordinator
Aug 17, 2014 at 10:24 PM
Salem,
there are changes in DNN 7.3.2,, which require modifications of my scripts, especially for search indexing of users.
I am currently testing latest version and will release an update asap.
Best.
Sebastian
Aug 18, 2014 at 6:14 AM
Thanks Sebastian

I did not go as far as testing it on the search indexing, nevertheless looking forward to the update covering version 7.3.2

All the best
Coordinator
Aug 19, 2014 at 1:49 AM
Salem,
I just uploaded latest version, supporting DNN 7.3.2 now.
You should re-run TurboUnSchema included, before re-applying TurboDNN and TurboSchema.
Aug 19, 2014 at 2:49 AM
Thanks Sebastian

Applied the scripts, first the TurboUnSchema731, then the TurboDNN732 and finally the TurboSchema732

ALL SUCCESS !

Noticed the followings are present:

TurboDBConfig732
TurboDNNSettings732

I am not sure if we need to apply them?

While no TurboUnSchema732: you usually package a UnSchema script of the current release.
Coordinator
Aug 19, 2014 at 2:58 AM
Salem,

thanks for the feedback, I re-uploaded the package where I fixed the file name.

Regarding the new files, did you have a look at enclosed readme file? ;)

Best.,
Sebastian
Coordinator
Aug 19, 2014 at 3:01 AM
Note:
TurboDBConfig and TurboDNNSettings provide assistance for unexperienced users to adjust SQL Server DB settings and DNN Host/Site/Page settings to reasonable defaults and adjust log table sizes.
Best,
Sebastian
Aug 19, 2014 at 3:13 AM
Opps, missed it :( just saw the new instructions

Applied them, ALL SUCCESS!

Have noticed they may be similar to the scripts from Ernst Peter Tamminga "SQL Scripts to Improve DNN Performance"

https://dnnscript.codeplex.com/

Additional Tools Included

TurboDBConfig help to configure your database with optimized defaults. Use if you haven't finetuned your database settings yet.

TurboDNNSettings does optimize configuration of DNN (Host Settings, SiteSettings and Caching). Run if your settings haven't finetuned yet.
You may check and uncomment some of the additional statements included.
Coordinator
Aug 19, 2014 at 3:18 AM
I confess that the script has been inspired by Ernst Peter's script, but I was more cautious adjusting settings and use an advanced approach for truncating log files.
Aug 19, 2014 at 3:30 AM
I agree Tamminga's scripts are a little bit aggressive, I applied some of his scripts (in the zip package) but not all.
Coordinator
Aug 19, 2014 at 3:46 AM
I agree with Ernst Peter that default settings should be modified for better performance and typical use cases, however modifying settings unconditionally seems a bit risky, especially if someone already optimized DNN.
Marked as answer by leupold on 3/24/2015 at 5:22 AM