Applied (in dnn over azure) to solve the skin problem, result : no effect

Sep 26, 2014 at 11:35 AM
Edited Sep 26, 2014 at 1:21 PM
I update a 7.3.1 DNN site on azure over 7.3.2 to discover that is not possible to change skins anymore, it is possible to previsualize them, but not apply (as it keeps in original skin) [we are actually building the new skin for the site]

I apply the script without any problem directly from the Management portal
Adjust DNN Portal Settings - Version 0.9.4 (2014-09-14) ( https://dnnscript.codeplex.com/releases/view/132992 )

The result : no effect at all

If I can be of any further help, like tests on the SQL or whatever, please feel free to ask, this is a topic we need to solve as soon as possible.

After few test and search on this topic, I have found a workarround that works (but require some manual work)
(credits to: http://www.dnnsoftware.com/answers/some-problems-in-dnn-732)

The problem seems to be, that depending on the language you are using in this moment at the portal, the APPLY button creates new lines instead of replacing the one (because the CultureCode field)

WORKARROUND:

__select * from dnn_portalsettings where settingname = 'DefaultAdminSkin' or settingname = 'DefaultPortalSkin'__

it should deliver only two lines, one for each settingname, and with a CultureCode enabled in your site (that was one of my issues with en-us and en-gb...)

delete all the lines that do not correspond to the original ones (CreatedByUserID = -1) (this may be buggy, correct in your case if needed)
delete from dnn_portalsettings where settingname = 'DefaultAdminSkin' and (CreatedByUserID <> -1)
delete from dnn_portalsettings where settingname = 'DefaultPortalSkin' and (CreatedByUserID <> -1)

and lastly, update the CultureCode field for the locale you plan to use for changing skins
update dnn_portalsettings set CultureCode = 'en-gb' where settingname = 'DefaultAdminSkin' or settingname = 'DefaultPortalSkin'
(again, correct for you needs)

That has work for me so far, but it force me to change the skins being en-gb selected as my displayed languaje
Sep 27, 2014 at 2:02 PM
The script adds DNN being able to handle multiple values being stored for the same setting and use just the latest being stored.
There have been issues reported that capitalization of Skin and Container selected was modified and resulted in issues, maybe that is the cause in your situation as well.
Marked as answer by leupold on 3/24/2015 at 5:21 AM