Turboscript functionality

Jan 3, 2015 at 2:29 PM
Edited Jan 3, 2015 at 2:50 PM
I upgraded my instance of dnn to 7.3.4 from 7.3.2 successfully applied the turboscripts and ran into a couple of things. I am not sure if they are related to turbo but would appreciate your thoughts or if anyone else has these behaviors.

Thanks!
  1. When I log in as host page loads are dramatically longer. Just logging in takes a long time
  2. I am using easygallery by easydnn and their group feature fails on the following error. They said it has something to do with turboscripts.
__Invalid object name 'dbo.Journal_User_Permissions'. .__Net SqlClient Data Provider at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, SqlDataReader ds) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable) at EasyDNN.Modules.EasyDNNGallery.DataAcess.GetAllGalleriesWithSortingAndImageByGroupID(Int32 PortalID, Int32 UserID, String sortBY, String AscDesc, Int32 CurrentUserId, Int32 ModuleID, Int32 GroupID, String MediaType) at EasyDNN.Modules.EasyDNNGallery.DesktopModules_EasyDNNGallery_Controls_LightboxUserGalleries.NestedGalleriesBindAll(Boolean DisplayAll) at EasyDNN.Modules.EasyDNNGallery.DesktopModules_EasyDNNGallery_Controls_LightboxUserGalleries.Page_Init()
Jan 4, 2015 at 10:42 PM
teambound,
  1. I am not Aware of any Performance issue, would you mind to check using activity log or SQL Profiler to check, whether it is caused by database Performance. If performance is affected by database, make sure transaction is truncated and Indexes are optimized.
  2. in fact, I eliminated Journal_User_Permissions, as I replaced it with improved inline statements. You may search for Journal_User_Permissions'and uncomment the create procedure statement for it in all scripts. However, you should tell EasyDNN, that the database is not part of DNN API and may be modified on any upgrade.
Marked as answer by leupold on 1/4/2015 at 2:43 PM
Jan 12, 2015 at 10:35 PM
Hi

I am still unsure why host performance is a problem. But everything seems to work even though it's slow.

With respect to EasyDNN, I commented out the Journal_User_Permissions in Turbo and re-ran the scripts and now EasyDNN works. What should I tell the developer?

What are your thoughts on this... I am having issues with DAM. Non admin users cannot upload images to the site from within modules. I use ckeditor with user sub directory folders turned on and the ckeditor allows image uploads ok for non-admin users . But with module image uploads they get the message "You are not allowed to upload files to this site". I ask you because I was wondering if there is something in the database I could check. I checked everything within DAM, I set permissions on root, cascaded down to all subfolders, created a new folder with explicit permissions (view read and write) and still non-admin users cannot upload.

What do you think?

Thanks!

Carl
Jan 13, 2015 at 12:59 PM
Carl,
regarding host performance, maybe you should try, whether same issue occur with a 2nd host account and a site admin account, just to nail it down.

EasyDNN should not rely on existence of Stored Procedures, Views and Functions of the core framework; they are not part of the API and subject to change.

Regarding upload I don't have a clue, there might be still a bug in the framework. Does the same happen on all your sites?

Best,
Sebastian